Tuesday 11 August 2009

Teen tantrums

It is really difficult to take emotional care of a child specially when he is entering into teenage. I used to believe that birth of a child is the most difficult time but it is the most easiest by far. Rather bringing up a child is far more difficult. In the initial years...feeding, changing nappies and general physical care also did not make me this tired.
Manas has started auguing on most of the issues and believes that I can never understand his point of view. Sometimes I am best mother on this earth and most of the times he just can't live with me. The only good thing is that he expresses all his emotions without any fear or shame, which is difficult to handle but at least there is no need to keep on asking about feelings. It will be even more frustrating if he does not share his emotions.

Everyday tasks like waking up in the morning or come for studies without any reminders are some tiny issues but most difficult which I am facing with him in this age. He has always been an obedient child and I am not used to see this behaviour but now-a-days, not only tantrums but also justifying them is making my life miserable. I spend more time on convincing them for the right attitude and wonder when they will become responsible enough to handle the things on their own? 'Respect your time' or 'Take care of your stuff or your room' are the daily phrases I use and they don't listen...can anybody help how to convince children about some basics. Even punishments like disallowing TV or going out does not work. Feel free to send some tips :)

No comments: